Wednesday, August 5, 2009

what I did today

I did something today I haven't done in - oh, 11 years?
I went for a job interview.
Now, I was just fine until three different people asked me if I was nervous. I wasn't until I added up their "askances!"
As I went into the storefront building in downtown Covington, I just had to keep putting worry out of my mind. After all, the recruiter had spilled the beans that I was the only qualified applicant, so I figured I'd have a pretty good shot. Once we got chatting about the position, I relaxed and quit being so nervous (thanks, Ma!) and only lost my train of thought once. I think I covered it.
Anyways, they'll give me a call back at the end of August to let me know when I can start, have me fill out paperwork, give me some referrals and so on. The plan is that the job will be less than 15 hours a week and I can set my own hours. Andy will work with me about the girls; HEY - its a free counseling intervention!! We'll have to communicate better about many things, including his many, many evening meetings! Weh-eh-eh-ellll.....
I'll be working in the afternoons, evenings and weekends. Humph. That sounds like a lot. But it will be fine - I'm actually pretty excited! I'll let you know how it goes as it works out.

Nothing else new really. Our house is still on the market and no hits that have amounted to anything. We're just sittin' around, waiting for something to happen.... :)

No comments: