Friday, August 7, 2009

gardening

Whew! Three posts at once! A record!

I spent about 2 hours weeding the garden yesterday and found a bunch of fresh produce in there! Obviously, I only got about halfway through and it needs a little more attention:



This side not weeded.....................................weeded.

There's beans under there somewhere.




But look at these gourds!



And this one! I may enter THAT baby in the WV State Fair...the gourd, I mean. Its huge.

Sunflowers should be blooming sometime in the next several days....


Here's part of my "cottage garden" or wildflower garden - that is raucously overgrown, but the birds love it.

Blurry potatoes....but my first potato harvest - ever! We've gotten corn, beans (believe it or not), tomatoes and loads of bell peppers, too. Now I need to find time to preserve it all!

No comments: