Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Something to look forward to

Hannah said today she was "house sick." I told her she meant that she had cabin fever. So I packed 'em both up and we haded over to Douthat State Park to enjoy the 29-degree cold and get out of the house for a bit.
BUT!
Before we left I was perusing a day-old Virginian Review and there in the Letters to the Editor was the first glimpse of summer! A letter mentioning that Magic In The Mountains will be in Clifton Forge beginning June 19, 2009 - WOO-HOO! I promptly jotted it on the calendar - now, you go put it on yours.....
But then, when we got home, there was the Maple Festival brochure for March 14-15 and 21 and 22. MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maple doughnuts....maple syrrrrup.
That is the great thing about the Highlands. There is always something going on to bring the kids to. This year I think I'll have some sort of entry in Magic in the Mountains. Either that or I'll set up a craft table.
Remind me, OK?

No comments: