Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ick and crafts

The girls are sick. Again.
It started with Abba's launch of supper at BK before church on Sunday night. We were so careful not to stain their clothes with ketchup that....I won't finish that thought.
Then last night, in the middle of a blizzard from our Little House on the Prairie: The Long Winter reading, Hannah let loose in my bed. I closed my book as Daddy-o rushed to the rescue with a towel.
And today, I feel as though I am on the brink. Maybe the antibiotics for this sinus infection will stave off any nastiness, and maybe its the Breakfast of Champions (black coffee and a hard boiled egg) that is making me want to follow my daughters' leads, and maybe its just being cooped up in the house.

Enough pity.

Here's a project I've been working on: actually a late Christmas present for a neighbor. I don't know now, though - up close they look a little elementary - its been awhile since I've stamped and I just feel a little rusty. I used Diamond Glaze, Liquid Laminate or Mod Podge on the "water" in the vases. I added iridescent pigment to some of them and Tiny Glass Beads (those are the ones that are super-reflective in the photo below) to others. It gives them a nice 3-D effect. I wasn't sure about the black cardstock, but these are winter-made cards, so black seemed appropriate. I like the pink ribbon best - that was my original inspiration, believe it or not.

Anyways, I finally finished them last night except for the insides - I need to glue in piece of white cardstock for a writing area. Nothing fancy.

And, in case you didn't see them in person, here's the girls' Christmas Eve presents:

I am hoping to start a new tradition of new nightgowns as a Christmas Eve present. Abigail's is the one that I finished up that afternoon. Once I got the hang of it, I am able to make up one of these in about an hour and a half (if I am uninterrupted/undistracted). That's good news because this pattern is very flexible - it makes nice peasant tops for spring and summer.

That's all for now. I need to get laundry done (including my quilt - yuk!) and entertain the little ladies.
Bye!

No comments: