Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Civil War in Lewisburg, WV!

We enjoyed visiting the campsite of the Civil War re-enactment in Lewisburg, WV last weekend, but for some reason I only took a couple of pictures. When I win the lottery, I'm getting a better camera.

Here's a picture of the girls with their great-great-great-great-great granddaddy:

Next year, we're hoping his team will win ;-}

Incidentally, I'm reading a biography by Bruce Catton, U.S. Grant. I guess as a Virginian (excuse me, A Virginian), the topic of the leader of the Northern Army during the War of Northern Aggression has been somewhat off-limits. Seriously, though, I've appreciated this perspective - I dogeared the page last night with the calendar turned to the early months of 1860. Did you know that Grant and Lee (and Stonewall Jackson, and George McClellan, to name a few) all served together in the war securing Texas' place in the Union? Fascinating to see how their early careers overlapped.

Today is Park Day, and we're meeting the friends at noon. I've got lunches to pack, a house to straighten (why? for the people who are NOT beating a path to our door with a full-price purchase offer!).

See you around the chicken coop!

No comments: