Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I made it!


Don't laugh. It looks better in real life. Its a fruit wreath! You can barely see the dried petite pears, but those are grapefruit slices on a handmade wreath - made from wisteria vines I pulled down from our yard back in Chesapeake.

And then there are the gourds: I forgot to take pictures of them after I finished them in November. The best looking ones were given away as Christmas presents, but here is a before and after (I tried to crop all the dust off the shelf but it didn't work!)
I saw a wren perched in the hole this morning. Dunno if she was eating the seeds out of it that I left in or scouting out a nest spot! Its sprayed with glossy sealer so it should hold up just fine.

OK, and here is the last thing:

Hannah's dress. Its reversible, too - and before you get carried away thinking I know what I'm doing, that trim is fabric-glued on there because I messed up the stitching and couldn't figure out how else to cover it. The buttons are just sewn on because I couldn't figure out how to make the bodice truly reversible. I traced one of her other jumpers to get the pattern and just kind of guessed at it. The red polka-dotted side turned out a little better I think - but they both are good for church. I'm going to learn from my mistakes and try to do a better job next time.
OK, that's enough blowing my own horn. I just wanted to show you what I've been working on!!

No comments: