Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday

Has it really been almost a month since I've posted? Ack. Well, let me catch you up. No sob story, but the chickens are gone. We had a neighbor who was "offended" that we were keeping the birds on our property and threatened to sue us to get rid of them. So, we prayed and prayed and I'm not sure why right now, but God didn't have it in His plan for us to keep the hens for now. Andy manages to keep things in perspective, but I was so upset about it, and I had to just let it go. More prayer that I won't sin - and then prayers for forgiveness because I DID think awful things and say awful things under my breath.

But anyways, that is all behind us now. And I'm not renaming the blog because someday we will get more chickens!! On second thought, I could call the blog "Mo'Chicks" but somehow that doesn't fit the rural lifestyle I'm trying to embrace. In case you're wondering, I can be sure that 2 of the 12 hens are with their cousins in West Virginia, 9 continue to reside in Callaghan and Mr. Rooster - well, he's on a farm somewhere here in the Highlands. At least I think so.

So, here I am trying to post, and Abba is standing beside me trying to balance on a tape measure that DH left in the office. She's been playing with it quietly and now is standing on it, one foot on top of the other saying, Daddy, Daddy! Han is napping.

On to other things.... Here's where frugality can be a little embarassing. I'm always so glad when I find good videos at the thrift store, and I scoop 'em up - they're only $1. I bought a cute cute video yesterday - Steve Green and kids singing Bible verses. I let Han watch it twice before we went to the grocery store this morning. While I was trying to check out, get my coupons organized, find my shopping card, check the prices that were being rung up, bag my own groceries, etc., I caught Hannah singing something while she was spinning around at the end of the cart. Here's is what I heard, "I was created in my mother's room.....in my mother's rooooom......" (AKA Psalm 139:13For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.)

As usual, the cashier just kind of glared at me over her bifocals.

No comments: