Saturday, April 19, 2008

Isn't it ironic

Whenever I say that I always think about that Alanis Morissette song where a bunch of the stuff she said was ironic was truly not, but this tidbit, I think is.
I got a call from the library today. Usually these calls mean, "Heidi, you owe us money. And books. Again. Bring 'em on in." Well, today, they offered ME a book! How about that! I had checked out Raising Poultry The Modern Way - published around the same time that Prohibition ended, I think - and it was falling apart in my hands when I went to read it. I sent it back in a giant Ziplock baggie with a note as to its condition pre-checkout. I also left my name and number saying that if they were going to discard it, please give me a call. And they did! So now I'm in the plus one book - and it will only cost me a hot quarter!
Alas, however, I still have not found those other library books. >:-(=)

No comments: